Monday, October 3, 2011

House Blessings: A way to bring new energies to your life

Ever felt your home's energy is stale and its cluttered with to much that was left by past owners?Or maybe you had that aunt that came over and left her negative energy all over your house. It's time to perform a spiritual cleansing of the home. Just like you clean your floors with pine sol and wash your dishes with Palmolive. Your home needs a house blessing to clear out the cluttered energy and make room for new energy. This use to happen to me a lot and I couldn't understand it. When we moved into a apartment it felt so cluttered the air seemed too thick like someones negative energy was left behind. Everyone has there own style to performing a house blessing there is no wrong or right way. For me my ritual starts by lighting a green chime candle in the center of the home(fire). Why green? It represents nature and my blessings are inspired natures spirits. I have bottles of homemade holy water(water element) (yes I am an ordained interfaith minister) . As I sprinkle it on each window and door creating a cross I chant " Mother Earth protect this space in every way do not let those who seek pain to get in your way ". Keep in mind as I am doing each part I focus on riding the cluttered energies.Then I take my sage bundle and as its lite I walk around the inside perimeter of the home chanting either the same incantation or change it up. Making sure I get every entry way, every corner ,and spots where I feel it needs it more. If the space allows it sage the front and back yards too(saging represents air). Sometimes apartments may not have that but its OK as long as you got the inside of the home. Next I like to light incense to fill the space up because when you sage your home you are clearing out the energy that was there. So you have to fill it with something preferably jasmine, lavender, or any type of flowery incense would work. And last but not least this is something special that I do which is I take four stones or crystals and I bury all four pieces one in each corner of the home outside forming a perimeter creating a shield to protect its occupants. If its a apartment just place each stone in the corners in the inside of the home. This is representing earth and if its a house I like taking a walk outside seeing if there are any trees that can be awakened. From my point of view some nature spirits reside in trees and I feel such a close connection that when I touch a tree I feel its communicating with me. That's when I let them know what I'm doing and to protect the outside of the home by guarding it and keeping any unwanted energies from showing up. Simple enough its amazing what one house blessing can do to you and your home. Have one done at least once a year kind of like how you have spring cleaning then have the house blessing afterwards you won't regret it!


Pretty simple don't you think? If this is something you feel you need done in your home or want some more information feel free to contact me either through my facebook page that you can like on the bottom left side of my blog or my email spiritualu01@gmail.com :)


Thank You Again

With lots of love and devotion

David

No comments:

Post a Comment