Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rediscovering who you are through Meditation

Have you ever felt like you were living in a routine and nothing was happening? It just seemed like life was get up in the morning, take a shower , go to work, come home, and go to bed. The next day you wake up doing the exact same thing! I have felt like that in the past. Almost like you lose yourself to this nonproductive way of being. There were days I remember that it was like I lived on auto pilot. It turned into going to work ,coming home,staying up late and sleeping in the next morning till it was time to go to work AGAIN! Never will I turn to being that person again. It was depressing for me.My job caused me anxiety and stress every morning I dreaded going to work and as some of you know I work at a call center. This reached a point to where I couldn't focus on anything else but worrying about work. This led to my path of rediscovering myself and my break through with meditation began. Closing my eyes and breathing in deeply gave me the calming feeling I yearned for.My thought process became more rational and I would think more clearly before reacting to anything. With work my answer was to change my attitude. If customers are going to yell I have to accept thats the norm. But I am not going to let some rude person on the other line make me fear my job! My attitude was adjusted and work became much more enjoyable. My answer to rediscovering myself was to pick-up a pen and start writing this has been my passion all my life but then I joined the workforce and lost it. Now I write blogs on a regular bases and focus on fictional writing as well. A quote I love from The Lion King Mufasa tells Simba "Remember who you are"! It's the important aspect of yourself that will make you feel more valuable because its what makes you YOU! Once you learn to find your inner self hold on tight to it and never let go. Rediscovery can help you gain control of your life again even when you feel you have lost control. Just close eyes, breath and let your inner spirit speak to you.


Love and Devotion as always

David

No comments:

Post a Comment