Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting your mind to SHUT-UP!

How can I quiet my mind when I have so much going on? It's a question people always ask when they are trying to learn to meditate. The thing is we have to learn to stop thinking and let our mind go. When I first started meditating it was hard. I was always a nervous reck, my worries revolved around my bills, family,relationship, my weight, my life, career it's like all I wanted to do was to tell my brain to please SHUT UP!! First off you have to learn that stillness is golden. Meaning siting on the floor and laying your hands on your lap or whatever position you prefer and not move. Secondly this worked for me but it may not work for you close your eyes visualize the inside of your mind imagine every single thought,problem you have going on to start fading into the background. The color you start seeing is pure white keep doing this until your mind is completely blank. Thirdly take deep breaths in,breath out, breath in, breath out, and so forth we wanna make sure every breath counts. What I like to do is start chanting not loudly but only enough that you can hear yourself. Chanting "aum" has worked me its really relaxing and helps me concentrate any phrase will do just choose something you like.My first few times trying to meditate my mind focused on all three parts but I felt I wasn't getting anywhere. About after a few weeks I noticed I would lose myself . It was as if I closed my eyes and leave to another world where I found peace and clarity when my eyes opened up again I popped back into this reality. At first this might seem like a hard goal to achieve for anyone but like with anything in life practice makes perfect. So I strongly urge you to try meditation and stick to! You will eventually get there remember that patience is key to anything :)

Thank You with lots of love and devotion

David

No comments:

Post a Comment