Sunday, September 4, 2011

Meditating with incense

I love going to my moms house and having some home made cooking. As I walk through the doors the smell brought great memories to me. It made me feel at home, peaceful, calm, and loved. The power of smell can truly alter your state of mind. It happens all the time. Perfumes/Colognes are great examples. Do you have a favorite scent you wear to get your spouses attention?? The one that drives them mad and is sexually stimulating. Or what about when your outside in the morning its fresh and crisp the smells of natures beautiful flowers awaken you. The day I lit my first incense I truly understood the power of smell. It's something I constantly recommend if you are trying to better your meditation. Calming lavender incense cones are a great option for beginners. Soothing and tranquil it will help ease the mind and bring you to a better altered state of consciousness. If you are having a intention filled meditation choose incense that resonates with you. Whether you need to open yourself up to receive love go with dragoon's blood, or Frankincense to reach a better since of spirituality. The world is your oyster my friends and when it comes down to it there are no rules just listen to your higher self and they will help you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment